And the most adored printable of my store here comes in the form of little Ladybugs.
5 Activities/Puzzles to learn Shapes including a hands on DIY Craft template for kids too.
You may also check my previous shape sorting activitiy printables on Reindeer, Penguin, Frog, Chicken & more.
What it consists?
Along with 11 Ladybugs Shape Posters, 11 Clip Cards and 11 Cut & Paste Matching Sets for your bulletin boards, this Cut & Paste Shapes Activity will help students identify and distinguish various basic shapes.
>> 11 Cut & Paste puzzle pieces of Shape Ladybugs
>> 11 Trace and Color Shape Ladybugs
>> 11 Clip Cards
>> 11 Posters
>> Counting and Writing
>> 11 DIY Craft -Make your Own Shape Ladybugs
>> DIY Book making – Tracing the shape names
I have made 10 different Shapes using a Ladybug here viz.:
- Trapezoid / Trapezium
Here’s a snapshot of how the Activity actually looks like.
Make sure you have software to open a pdf file in your system and download this Activity sheet here.
Step 1 – Get it printed. Would be great if you can get a color prints of it.
Step 2 – Lamination is preferable for its durability in case if you want to re-use the pieces.
Step 3 – As directed in the sheets, you can make the kids do different activities one at a time.
How to do?
- The cut outs which are to be cut are given in the bottom half of the second sheet. Give the cut outs and the first half of the sheet to the students. [Laminate the sheet to improve its durability.]
- Students will have to match and paste each Ladybug to its corresponding figure to complete the figure. [In case the sheet is laminated you can use velcro dots].
- The name of every shape is also written in capitals below it.
- Trace the shapes – improves fine motor skills & finger movements
- Color the shapes as given – improves reading & fine motor skills
- Cut out the individual Clip Cards
- Lamination is optional
- Ask kids to identify the shape of the Ladybug shown on the card and clip the right shape.
- Use the Posters to hand around on the Activity Boards or make & give it away as a booklet.
- Using the color & B&W cutouts, make your own shape Ladybugs.
You can download this activity here
Or click the button below and get the activity directly or you can visit and buy it from our TeachersPayTeachers store.
Along with Christmas Special Ladybug Shape Sorting Activity I have this bundle which is a 6 Day Unit Plan for thoroughly understanding the shapes and mastering and learning all about the topic of Shapes. The kids will love this “Learn By Doing” approach.
In these sheets kids have to do matching and sorting, sometimes using colors sometimes through a cut and paste activity.
The Bundle includes a
- A Teachers Guide
- Lesson and Activity for 6 Days (D1L1, D1A1, D2L2,D2A2…..D6L6,D6A6)
The lesson plan in the Teacher’s guide is just a reference. It is to be noted that the teacher can change and group the lessons and the activities together however he/she wishes, depending on their kids’ interests and needs.
You might like to explore our Christmas Activities Bundle too with 110 pages, 40+ math and literacy centers & fun activities. Click on this image to get this.
You can also check this FREE version of Christmas Shapes Sorting Activity.Get My Free Copy
Wish your loved ones on Christmas with these fantastic Handmade DIY Reindeer Cards.
Hope you have fun with this Activity of Shapes here.
Would love to hear from you more.
Have a good day.